The Apple Leaf

Fire alarm goes off as students begin lunch

Gwen McQuaig, Copy editor

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






The Wenatchee High School fire alarm system was triggered at 11:16 a.m. today. The alarm was set off accidentally.

According to Vice Principal Ricardo Iniguez, the alarm was a great opportunity for staff and students to practice evacuation protocol.

“Students are not used to evacuating the building during lunch,” Iniguez said, “and they did a great job of reacting to staff instruction.”

No one was injured in the incident.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

Leave a Comment

The Apple Leaf encourages readers to engage with stories on all platforms. When posting, please keep in mind that comments should be free of libelous statements, inappropriate language, information that is not factual or is a rumor, and information that is unrelated to the story. In order for a comment to be approved, the reader must provide their full name and direct email address. All comments are subject to approval by The Apple Leaf staff prior to posting. If a comment is not approved or is removed and you have questions, please contact us.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.